Thursday, January 14, 2010

Breakfast Lunch and Dinner

I watch food network often, and lately they have been showcasing some amazing burgers.  Because of the parade of meaty, cheesey, goodness that I've been watching, I've had severe cravings for a big juicy burger.  I've tried to cure my hunger with fast food burgers but they just didn't cut the mustard, if you know what I mean.  They are too thin, flavorless and not homemade.

So last night I had the time and the ingredients to make The Best Burger Ever on Toast.  It was ground beef with salt, pepper, ground mustard, a bit of red pepper flake, cheese, pickles, tomatoes and topped with a fried egg.  It was so good that I could have eaten for.... you know it...Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.  I almost did too, but last nights cheese slice was the last in the fridge and I slept too late to have breakfast or lunch before going to work.  I'm making a taco pasta right now, due to the lack of cheese in the house, but I'm mentally savoring the flavor of last nights meaty masterpiece.  Check it out, here's a bird's eye view of the tower of power.


Is that a perfect fried egg or what?  You can see the cheddar slice playing peak-a-boo under umpty dumpty there.  And LOOK at those pickels on top of the mayo slather. MMMMM. 

Whoops!  I smashed the toast down too hard and broke the yolk, but look at that golden river of flavor.  You see how the runny goodness cascades down the sandwich like a cholesterol waterfall?

Oh, no Pickles overboard.  It's okay I saved them....for last.  So stop wishing you had made this and go do it.  You'll thank me later after you return from your vacation to flavor town.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...