Monday, January 18, 2010

Snakes

I dreamed last night that I was riding in a truck with my parents when a snake slithered up under my hair and attached itself to my right earlobe.  My dad was trying to keep me calm while my mother was telling me not to make things worse by trying to pull it off or shake my head around.

My dad apparently knew a snake charmer and was taking me there right away.  As I sat there freaking out on the inside the snake curled it's tail up like a chin strap and stuck it into my other ear.  I noticed at this point that it was red and black and smooth, but that didn't make me feel any better.

When we get to the snake charmer place we get out of the truck and it is cold, so so cold.  I decide the cold is a good thing because I remembered that snakes are warm blooded, and I was hoping that instead of sucking the blood out of my body through my earlobe (because this is a dream so it was a vampire snake) it would freeze and just fall off.  Standing around in the fridge night air the snake first gets lethargic and his tail comes out of my left ear and I notice the bold and vibrant black and red has started to turn to a sickish greenyellowgray color and it's body is getting longer like taffy when you pull it.  It releases my earlobe but the tail get's caught in my hair. As it swings down from my head it takes a half harted chomp out of my right hand because I tried to catch it, but realized too late you don't want to catch a vampire snake when it's finally fallen off your ear.  The contact with my hand bounces the head over to my other hand.  The movement of the snake and our brief entanglement has warmed it enough to revive it's killer instinct when it reattaches to my left thumb.

It is here in the dark still night that the snake charmer arrives.  Over walks a tall Texas cowboy hat wearing version of the crocodile hunter.  This man produces a pair of toe nail clippers, and I think "hey buddy I don't need a pedicure." but before I can protest his snips the head of and this stinging foaming white stuff oozes out of it's head and the body falls away.  The snake charmer says in his texasutralian drawl "There's ya blood mate he didna get too much, ya'll are lucky."

And then I woke up.

No comments:

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...