Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Re-do


From My Pictures


Three years ago Jessica, Kevo, and I went to Austin to celebrate the New Year, but our friend Brendee chose to stay behind in Denton.  We had an awesome time, lost a phone, paid a pizza guy to be our personal taxi, saw a sailor and laughed and laughed.  It was GRRRREAT. 
Mean while, pobrecita Brendee was not having so much fun.  Infact, her choice to go to the lame-o party ruined her new year and a freindship.  When the three of us returned home to find Brendee down and out all sad and lonely we donned the attire pictured above and set out to re-do the fabulous night before for our good friend.  We got some strange looks and a couple of comments, "Aren't you guys a bit late?" It ended up being a very memorable new year for all of us.

In the spirit of the Re-Do, I'm remaking yesterday's post.  I know, I know, a two sentence post does not do justice to the year I've had, so let me do today what should have been done yesterday.

As I wrote yesterday, 2009 was a year of change and adventure.  I "retired" from my teaching job and endured a brief stint at my old daycare job, before going of to Mexico in search of knowledge, good food and clarity. 

While in Mexico I did learn.  Some about myself, a bit about culture and language and a fair amount about Moctezuma's Revenge.  The most important thing I learned was that I could do what I set out to do.  I came back from Mexico excited to for my move to move to Montana.

Once in Montana, I spent alot of time on the road with Kevin traveling to and fro.  We visited Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahome, Wyoming and of course Texas.  We've only scratched the surface of places to see in the state of Montana, and this new year I'm looking forward to checking off many of the hikes in my MT hiking book.

2009 we ventured to Scotland and for 2010 we plan to explore the Cayman islands.  I would also like to visit the Redwood Forest at some point in time.

I did find employment in Billings for 2009, and I will continue there in '10; however, it is by no means my new career.  I'm still passively searching for what will be my next career.  So I intened to take the passive our of the searching and maybe muster up a bit a passion.

2009 was a great year to build upon.  It set in motion a chance for me to be out of my box, my comfort zone.  I think I have had a bit of a knee jerk reaction and haven't fully utilized the chance.  I hope to make 2010 the year I embrace my potential, set and achieve goals as well as respecting limits but not being controlled by them.  Well the alchohol limits, I'm respecting and controling those :)

No comments:

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...