Friday, April 1, 2011

Remember when I was Badass

When I was little I was tough, I beat up some kids, knocked a few older boys down, kicked some ass pretty much, but lately I've been lame.  I haven't even fallen down or had a Spanish-speaking washing machine to contend with, but that all is about to change.

I'm joining the Billings Roller Derby Dames.  I need material for my blog, and to fit into my size 6 jeans again.  I decided to combine my workouts, effort to meet new people, and have a chance to knock someone down into one dynamic derby experience.

My first practice is next Wednesday.  I've got to order some skates (I'll start with the basic "New Girl" rookie package for now but maybe one day I can upgrade to the "I got a Sugar Daddy" package) study the rules, and decide between pig tails, braids or one bitchin' pony tail.

I'm hoping for one bad ass nickname like: "Ambruiser", or Amber "Dawn of the Dead" Isaacs, or maybe "Ambufoo fighter".  My Fresh Meat coordinator is called the "A-cup Annihilator"  that's pretty awesome.

I guess I'm getting ahead of myself though.  I have to pass the rules test before I can be assigned to a team within the BRDD.

So this weekend I'll be watching Kansas City Bomber and Whip It for inspiration, skating around my kitchen and studying my Women's Flat Track Derby Association rules.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How about Bojo the Mean Ho

Unknown said...

For those of you who don't know the story behind Bojo, It is the nick name my father gave me. I've been called Bojo by him for as long as I can remember, but then my cousin Megan came along and couldn't pronounce that and it became BoomBoom.

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...