Monday, January 4, 2010

Winter Storm Warning

It's been nice and sun shiny in Billings lately.  I showed up to work today with my manager calling the regional manager to tell her not to come tomorrow because we are expecting up to 10 inches of snow. WTF!  10 inches.  Good thing it's may day off tomorrow.  If it's crazy, I'll have to call in on Wednesday.  I can't drive in a winter storm, I'm from Texas!

So what's my winter storm schedule for tomorrow? HMMM.  I think I'll put my baking dishes that my mom got me for christmas to use and make a cake.  Yup, that's it.  Tomorrow is my mom's birthday, so I'll use her gift to make a cake in honor of her birthday, but I better not eat too much of it because I have to reach my birthday goal of being smokin hott by March 11th. 

Other than my momma's cake (that ain't my boat, it's my momma's boat) I'll be cooking a special dinner for Kevin's birthday on Sunday.  While watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, Kevin informed me that he likes pigs feet.  Never to be one to back down to a cooking challenge I'll be serving him up a hot plate of pig's feet, hog maws and collards. 

I think I'll say naw to the hog maws but I will make the collards.  Kevin and I have become very fond of this southern favorite after having it at our friend's house last christams.  I've got a great simple recipe and I'm sure it will bring out the errr, earthiness...of the pig's feet.  I'm not kidding about those, I'm serious.  Not sure what or how you make pigs feet.  I hope to god he doesn't mean pickled, because that's just gross.  I'll flavor a soup or something with it but I draw the line at pickeling.   I love pickles and sticking a nasty foot in it would be like taking a shot of tequila with a toe in the bottle instead of a worm, Right Brooke? 

No comments:

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...