Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Whistle While You Work

In college I had a boyfriend who had to eat with the television or radio on really loud to cover the sound of his own mastication. Weiwd, huh? That relationship didn't last long. Now if I could only divorce my nose from my face.

It seems my nose is having the most trouble adjusting to life in Montana. The air is dryer, but I'll save you from all the bloody details. Last night, while making baked fish with a lemon caper sauce, I kept hearing a faint whssst sound and oddly enough it was my nose. How weird? I thought it had gone away, maybe I was just to concerned with my soupy potatoes to notice it's regularity, but sitting at the table with Cody and Kevin it was back. I thought: "Oh man, can any one else hear that?" Apparently not.

I'm no stranger to the noises my nose makes. I've even woken myself up snoring, but during the day - whilst I'm awake! Seriously, this is a problem. I was contentedly chopping poultry and making sauce for chicken salad this afternoon when the symphony of the sinuses started again. We are having guest for dinner tonight and I'm hoping the sound of their chewing will block the tiny dwarfs singing in my nasal cavity.

2 comments:

Brendee.Medina said...

Humidifier and saline solution spray.

Janet said...

The things you think about!

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...