Friday, January 29, 2010

Medieval Torture Device

There are certain times in a person's life when they are compelled to help others.  Today, I have the task of helping Kevin remodel his office.  My job for the after noon is to remove a wall paper border the former occupant of his office flung up at some point in the past.

One would think that a border would be easy.  Maybe it will be, but my two previous attempts at removing wall paper have been painful or daunting.  My first experience included a device used to perforate the paper so that steam can get behind and release the adhesive.  That instrument looked eerily similar to this medieval Skull-Mace


If you know me well, you know I don't generally wear shoes while in the house.  Since my first wall paper experience was in the new home of a friend, I was of course shoeless - on a ladder-precariously positioned directly above that scary looking pointy thing.  I stepped on it, blood gushed from my foot and Heather rushed me to the bathtub, no need to make her new room look like a torture chamber doused in bright red Amber blood.

Every time I even think about wall paper I get a sharp prickle in the bottom of my foot.  The second wall paper fiasco was in service of Kevin, and while it wasn't painful, it was a pain in the ass.  Just ask Kev. 

I've been trying to convince him to mud over the wall paper...Maybe if I bring the Mace I can convince him.

No comments:

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...