Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dinner Confession

I feel bad when I come home and Kevin has dinner cooking for me.  It's nice and I love that he wants to do it, but I feel like he pulls so much of the weight already that I should come home from my meager part time job and cook for him.

Tonight he is making ceasar salad and stuffed cornish game hens.  He also cooks breakfast most mornings.  Oddly enough, I don't have breakfast guilt. Probably because I've never been a breakfast maker.  My idea of breakfast is redbull or coffee, or if I actually have a meal I make things that you don't cook: bagel and lox, cereal, icecream, etc...

It's nice that we both have jobs that allow us to eat together most mornings.  This is new for us.  Before, when I worked we were never up at the same time.  Since we started working out early in the mornings, we've had the extra time to spend eating breakfast at the table, and lately that's the only meal we've been eating at the table. 

I don't make resolutions for new year.  I think that resolutions are something that should be made throughout the year. Why wait to change?  One thing I would like to change now, or revert to, would be eating dinner at the table as well as breakfast.  When I was a kid ,we always at dinner at the kitchen table.  Rarely were we allowed to eat in front of the television.  Those were good meals.  I remember having a lot of fun on those dinners.  I think dedicating that time to your loved ones is an important part of growing and maintaining bonds.  Kevin and I have good an awesome relationship that I think we both care deeply about, but we get lazy after work and sometimes veg infront of the idiot box.  I'm not saying that the tv dinner needs to go away, but I want to make sure that since I'm not always home to cook dinner for him anymore that I'm still showing that our time together is important. I not saying I'm just saying. 

No comments:

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...