Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Move over National Lampoons

Being on vacation with my boyfriend, Kevin, and his uncle, Rob, is like being on vacation with Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne.
These two have kept me in stitches for the past 4 days. They are more like brothers, and it's kind of creepy how alike they are.

On the first day together we managed to meet every single person we encountered between Kevin chatting it up with Park Rangers and Uncle Rob displaying his Good Samaritan skills. I think each adventure with these two should be it's own blog; however an examples of their shenanigans goes as follows:
From The Horse Riding Adventure

Teffany, Rob's wife, and I are walking along behind Lloyd and Harry when we here, "Hey Teff, Look a Badger" exclaims Rob praying upon his wife's blindness for comic relief.

"Where?" asks Teff squinting into the distance.

"Right there!" Kevin directs.

"Badger, I need to get my glasses fixed, because that looks like chicken to me." I say bewildered by their obvious confusion of the two animals.

These two almost pee their pants at this remark, while Teff is still searching for the badger and I'm lost in the confusion of what's so funny.

We realize Lloyd and Harry are making a joke on poor Teffany because she can't see, and for the last 4 days they both say, "Look it's a badger!" Every time we pass the shack where the chickens live.

I should start calling them the Hardy-Har boys.

These two characters are not the only ones to have brought laughter on our vacation. Each of us in our own way has contributed, and at times the laughter was needed. Like when the hot water heater went out, the time(s) we left the stove on all day and the topic of my next blog, The Riding Trip That Never Was.

No comments:

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...