Friday, July 17, 2009

Not Enough Room

Today is the last day of my intensive Spanish course. Instead of heading out the door I'm writing this article. I know she's going to make me think and my head is so full that I can't even spell in English. But that's normal for me right? Like my laptop, my brain is fried. I think there might be smoke coming from my ears. You can definitely hear the gears grinding after my four hours of instruction.

My teachers, Philipa and Elvira, have been wonderful. I came here barely using the present tense correctly and now while I can say I'm comfortable using the imperfect tense I am far from perfect in my speaking ability. It's been well worth the money and I know I've learned alot.

With a few exceptions I'm no longer struggling to try and translate what is being said to me. The meaning is just there. It is amazing. I can't really describe what's it's like. It is no longer a foreign language. When some one asks you in English, "do you need to go to the bathroom?" You don't have to think me, bathroom, toilet, pee. No It's just there in your head. I'm getting there, but I am still not sure if my taxi driver last night asked me if I was getting tired or married.



My Teachers Philipa and Elvira. The third lady is my friend Francis.

No comments:

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...