Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Serenity Now

The past month has gone by too quickly even though the daily pace was slow and tranquil. I'm reflecting on all the things that have happened and what I've learned. I'm sure there will be many more posts concerning my Mexico trip despite the fact that I'm home.

I wish I could have taken the courtesy and serenity of San Miguel and put it into a pill for distribution to my fellow travelers. Once I arrived in Houston, the long lines and high tempers of tired travelers in the customs department threatened to diminish my peace of mind. I just smiled and nodded, but others around me sounded like angry cattle stamping and snorting. I was afraid of a stampede. It seemed like I was standing still and the world around was chaos. It took a while for reality to set in, and then I realized this isn't another dream about going home. This is the ugly side of a traveling life, and it seem to be saying, "Welcome Home, and get the hell out of my way."

No comments:

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...