Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Malfunction

San Miguel has proved to be a technological deadzone for me. At first my computer would not connect to the wifi, but now it is totally defunct. I can't send or post pictures because I have no way to get them to the public computer. Sorry you all will have to wait for when I return to the states for the pictures. Yesterday, I had to leave class early because of ¨the revenge¨ and I had read all my books, couldn't use my internet or the dvd player on my computer. My ipod is down and the cable on my mexico tv was out for some of the evening. The lights shut off for a while right around dark and my shower had lost all water pressure! Talk about boring/frustrating, good thing I was in the bathroom most of the day. With the exception of yesterday, I have greatly enjoyed my first two weeks here in SMA.

Today I am back among the living, and it is a gorgeous day, a bit hot, but in the shade there is a nice breeze. My goal for today is to find a juvenile spanish book so that I can practice reading in the language.

This afternoon, There is suppose to be a parade for the new Mayor of San Miguel, Lucy Nunez. Elections were held on Sunday and Sra. Nunez is the first femal mayor of San Miguel. My teacher Elvira is really happy/excited about the change.

I´m thinking of going to the botanical garden this afternoon or tomorrow after class. There is so much to see and do in and around San Miguel. I won´t have time for it all.

1 comment:

Brendee.Medina said...

Sorry to hear of your tummy troubles. Miss you much.

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...