Thursday, August 13, 2009

Feelin' Good Again

Is it possible to get jet lag from riding in a car? My summer has been a whirlwind of travel and excitement interspersed with periods of rest and some relaxation. No need to rehash the entire summer, you can read about it yourself, but I must catch up on more recent activity.

Kevin and I drove Cody back to Texas last Wednesday. All was well. The boys turned me on to "The Death Lands" audio cd's that are action packed adventures in your mind.

We arrived in Texas a few short hours before my friends Kevin Vandrunen and Vanessa Chapmen tied the knot.
Kevin was introduced to Brendee's beau David

And members of the Dutch Mafia


The night was filled with many hugs, a few tears and lots of laughter




The next day I ventured over to my brother's, Ralph, house and had hamburgers and hotdogs with my two sisters, Janet and Michelle, my mom and dad, Bea and Mack, my niece and nephew, Tucker and Tayah, and Brendee. I guess in all the excitment that being a part of my family brings I forgot to take photos. I wish my other brothers could have been there, but it was a wonderful afternoon.

That evening, Kevin and I along with my good friends and a chunk of Aubrey went to see his buddy, Sean Morgan, play at Sunset (You know that little bar I mentioned in "No Shower Sunday") where there were lots more huggin' and Kissin'. I made a video of the slide show set to Robert Earl Keen's "Feelin' Good Again", but I couldn't figure out how to get it embeded to the stupid blog.
Sunday we started our trip back to Billings, and we called the trip: Our Grand Adventure. That is a new post all it's own.

No comments:

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...