Sunday, May 10, 2009

No Shower Sunday

I love Sundays. I can do NOTHING and not feel bad about it. I woke up at 6:43 am feeling like a cat had shit in my mouth, head pounding and queasy stomach. In case you can't read between the lines, that means I hung out with Jodee Heimdal last night. We went to the ribbon cutting of Sunset Sports Bar. It's a great time to live in Aubrey, we now have a bar! A real bar with a gorgeous patio, food, beer and liquor. I was slightly upset that they didn't stock Stoli, but I got over it when I tasted the awesomeness known as a Wedding Cake Shot. I had given up shots, but had to slip back into those old familiar shoes just one time. It was a special occasion (And the morning was oddly guilt free) and 1100 Springs was playing. It was a good time, and even better only 5 minutes from la casa.
I digress, back to the unwashed truth of my Sunday. I managed to drag my sister's adorable Chinese pugs out of bed and outside for their morning ritual. These dogs don't have a clue how to behave on a leash. In my diminished capacity I almost killed myself while sleep walking these two when their running amok caused both of my legs to become entangled in their leashes. A crisis was averted, and we all went back to bed after some water and ibuprofen, both for me.
Later, when I actually woke up my intended blog experience happened.
I've converted yet another to the wonderful world of NO SHOWER SUNDAYS. I'm feeling benevolent today and decided to treat my 20 year old cousin, Megan, to lunch. She's just recently been fired from her job (for being too much like me when I was her age. Though I don't think that is quite how the boss put it. Something more along the lines of: Your fired for being late all the time).
She wanted to go home and shower, and that was the moment of conversion. Upon hearing blessings and freedoms bestowed upon those who join the no showering movement, she saw the light and good glory hallelujah is now a practicing member.
I'm off soon to break bread with my congregation, and to return shortly after to bask in the freedom of having no appointments, or responsibilities, except I should call my mother.

No comments:

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...