Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Decision

How did I decide to up and go to Mexico for a month? It may seem kind of whimsical, but I was on a Frontier flight to Montana reading their Wild Blue Yonder magazine. The article "Mexico Unmasked" caught my eye, and upon reading it I thought: I could do that. I could go there by myself. I had been thinking for sometime that I wanted to go to Cozumel or Tulum, but I didn't think a beach vacation would be fun alone. I wanted to see something different, do something I hadn't done before. Since I "retired" from teaching, I had a bit of money that I pulled out of the Teacher's Retirement System and I wanted to spend it on myself, but I didn't want it to be on some vacation I wouldn't be able to distinguish from the other vacations I've taken in my life. So I decided without consulting friends or family that I was going. I made up my mind and started making the arrangements and then told everyone. I was afraid someone would try to talk me out of it, that seems to happen to me with things I think I want. I guess I don't really want them if I'm easily talked out of them, but I wanted this trip. Subconsciously I think the decision was made the moment I read that article.

No comments:

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...