Thursday, May 7, 2009

What Tomorrow Brings

As my last official day at ABC Childcare Center, tomorrow is the last day that I know what will happen. Everything, other than my San Miguel Trip, is a mystery even to me.
When I left my teaching job at McKinney ISD, I told people I was going back to school to make a career change. I think some of my co-workers assumed I was moving to Montana; I just let them think what they wanted because it doesn't really matter why. I just can't commit to going to college again. I'm still paying for the first time, and I just can't see how it will help me change my career. I am capable of learning on my own. I just don't know what it is that I may want to know.

I don't think I'll come back from Mexico with all the answers, but I do think I will come back recharged, hopefully speaking fluently in Spanish, and able to point myself down one path or the other.

Edith Wharton once said: "Beware of monotony; it's the mother of all the deadly sins." I'm breaking my cycle of monotony this summer, and I hope my future will not be monotonous, and if it is I won't worry about my sins because I'll already be living in HELL.

No comments:

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...