Saturday, April 2, 2011

Speed Wobbles

I got a new Revel MTB Giant today. (That's a mountain bike)Kev and I took a ride this afternoon. We started easy just on the path by the house,but then we ended up below the rims on some trails that had a few ups and downs, and at one point I got the speed wobbles and scared myself. I had to hit the breaks to feel in control; then, I didn't have enough speed to make it back up the hill and almost fell over when I stalled out.

I have never owned any sort of bike with gears so I was on a learning curve too. When we got back to the house, I was beat and may have thrown up in my mouth a little bit. My taint is really hurty, but McKay at the Billings Bike Shop insured me that would diminish after a time. I hope so, but I figure my new carreer as a Derby Dame may be a bit more painful than my new bruised taint.

No comments:

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...