Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mexi-coma

For the past two days my schedule has been: go to schoool from 9-1, eat, take a siesta, wake up read, eat, read and go to bed. Tuesday it rained so I had a good excuse for being inside, but yesterday I had a touch of Moctezuma's Revenge so I didn't really feel like going out. Staying inside made me mucho homesick.

Today i've joined the masses of North Americans at San Miguel's public library. Masses is really an overstatement, but it definitely feels like I'm back home in the computer lab at UNT. I can connect to the internet for only 10 pesos.

I ate at a little restaurante, something something Dona, where I had two huge gorditas. One was chorizo and the other aguacate, avocado, and an aqua fresca, sort of like mango juice, for only 30 something pesos. It was the best thing I've eaten here in SMA.

The keyboard here is different the return, shift and question mark keys are all in a different position. It'll take some getting use to.

I'll be posting pictures but I didn't know if I could use a thumb drive here or not.

1 comment:

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...