Monday, February 11, 2013

Zebra Clinic

This weekend I, Elbow Derek, attended, as a skater, a ref clinic in Helena at the Hel'z Belles' practice space.  Sweet Tweet our head ref put on the clinic for area roller derby officials to come and disect the new WFTDA rules and have an opportunity to practice making calls with the new rules set.

I skated with a mix of Belles and ECRG girls.  I learned a few things about myself:

1)  I'm not fast enought to chase Blondie out of the engagment zone
2) I can be sneaky and successful as a jammer
3) I need more endurance training
4)  I love road trips (uh, I already new that)

I am glad I went to participate as I was getting nervous about our season opener, which is also my first home bout.  My friends and family have never seen me skate before, and I feel a little more confident after scrimmaging on Saturday.

No comments:

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...