Saturday, February 16, 2013

Derby Day!

I've just spent 2 hours looking for leopard hot pants.  Not to be found in Billings, but that's okay.  I'm not sure my derby persona would wear them any way. Fuzzy tiger stripe pants yes!

I'm sitting here waiting on my lean protein, and pondering just who exactly Elbow Derek is.  Elbow Derek being my roller derby name for those of you who don't know. Does she wear fishnets?  Mmm. No.  War paint...no.

In general, I think we spend to much time trying to define ourselves and fit in; therefore I'm not gonna do that.  Elbow Derek is Me.  We favor the athletic side of derby over the drama.  I've never been into sparkles anyway.

My teammates with flair look so cute when they dress derby, but I've a feeling I would look ridiculous, and you know my saying: "If I don't look cool doing it, I don't do it." So I'll leave the glitz and hot pants to those who do it so well,and I'll stick with under armour yoga tights.

I know one thing, despite my lack of hot pants.  I will be confident tonight.  It doesn't matter that I don't wear fishnets, or paint my face.  What matters is that I show up.  I'm there and my team can rely on me. I love those ladies and look forward to kicking ass with them tonight.

No comments:

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...