Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Pressure of Pretty

I've been searching for a dress to wear to Jessica's wedding. It wasn't until the bachelorette party that I realized I need to stop searching and actually purchase a dress. Like a lot of brides maids, I made the fatal error of intending to lose weight, but not actually doing it. I had book marked all these fabulous dresses that the thinner me would wear. Last week in my state of panic, I purchased a dress that was brown and boring. I think it was an outward expression of my inner uncomfortableness.The few times I went to try on dresses was so disappointing I developed an aversion to brides maid dresses. All week long I cringed when I thought of the dress. Not that it isn't a nice dress, but it is NOT nice enough form my best friend's wedding. When I thought of finding another dress I would start to sweat.

I had to build my self up and deal with the voluptuous situation I've found myself in. I found the dress and it's beautiful.

No comments:

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...