Sunday, May 1, 2011

Woman of the Year

I know you all are use to my blog being about me, what I like, what I want, what I did, but today I'm dedicating this post to Kevin's beautiful daughter, Katie Gustainis. Being a former coach of Katie, I would like to take credit for all her accomplishments. Kidding, I kid, I kid, I know you love a kidder. She just proves I haven't warped my students.

Miss Gustainis has received the Woman of the Year award from West Texas A&M. I am so very proud to know such an accomplished young woman, and look forward to seeing her continued growth and education in Boston.

Katie will be attending Emerson college this fall after her marriage to former Man of the Year and soon to be Luckiest Groom of the Year, Tim Vela. On their own these two are outstanding people both personally and professionally, and together they will take Boston by storm.
I think I'll make a shirt with her picture holding her Woman of the Year trophy and a caption that reads: I know her!

Congratulations Katie, I'm proud of you.

1 comment:

KatieGus said...

Just found this. Thank you for such a sweet post, Amber. I appreciate your support, and am looking forward to seeing you in March. :) Love and miss you both!

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...