Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Meals

Things around here are just starting to slow down.  I hate to admit it, but Kevin and I had been eating way too much frozen/takeout pizza.  We have made a few good things here and there, but today we were back on track. 

After sleeping late (so late my back started to hurt from laying there so long), we got up and made breakfast.  Kevin made a mean dish of homefries with bell pepper, onion and garlic to go with the delicious chicken apple sausage we had purchased the day before and the perfect eggs he always makes.  I made my first ever batch of biscuits, cheddar-sour cream biscuits that is.  I had a little jellied cranberry left over from a few nights before, and that with the biscuit/sausage combo was a ride on the flavor train.

With our bellies full of scrumdiddleyumptiousness, we set about our day's labor.  The weather here was gorgeous maybe it reached 80 today, but it felt much cooler with the breeze and shade.  After the daily chores, Bubba begged us to take him hiking on the rims.  It was beautiful up on top looking down at the town and the trees with their leaves turning all golden yellow, red and orange.  

Hiking is hard work and makes you really hungry.  For dinner, Kevin and I made our first ever red curry with chicken and rice.  Man-o-man was it good.  We  both could eat it again this week.  Maybe twice.  I'm hoping our two delicious meals catapult us back into the habit of cooking really good food that make us both happy. 

For those who may want the recipe check back tomorrow.

No comments:

Meringue Cookies

I finally made beautiful vanilla meringue cookies.  It has taken me several attempts to get these to turn out looking and tasting great. ...